A L L C H A N G E


A L L  C H A N G E  |  21/12/17

I have spent most of this year thinking about ‘how different things were a year ago’ and wondering how I ended up in this spot. Before the end of last year, I had big plans that were throwing me rapidly in a very different direction.

I credit meeting Sam as a large part of why I am somewhere different. Somewhere exciting and where I am truly pleased to be. I think I’ll save writing in depth about ‘us’ for another time- but Sam has taught me that it is okay to let go of control, sometimes, just a little bit.

This year I have allowed things to happen. Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a little bit obsessively organised. With diaries, google calendars and around seven lists on the go at any one time - I like to know what I am doing.

In 2017, however, I started the year by getting on a plane to New York. Something I’d decided to do just a couple of months earlier.

I went to London on my own and threw myself into two weeks working on a national newspaper.

Then I needed money, so I applied for a retail job - something I never would have dreamed of before - and enjoyed it too.

I moved out of my beloved flat with my best friend and was very sad. But I moved into a new house with a new friend, and in the process ended up living with my boyfriend too.

I graduated (with a first!) and had the balls to walk in front of everyone with minimal nerves. I hung out with my family and my boyfriend’s and I allowed myself to be the centre of attention.

I started an MA course, after tons of deliberation. I received a scholarship to study and so far, I am loving it.

I suppose the theme here is that things have changed a lot for me this year, in ways I never would have predicted. I have made some beautiful friendships (many that I am still excited to see grow). I have learnt a great deal about myself and what makes me happy.

Above all, though, I have learnt that it is okay just to let things fall into place sometimes. Trusting the universe is hard for me, but at least I’m giving it a little more pull than before.

🍂

No comments