F R I E N D S H I P S & L O V E


F R I E N D S H I P S & L O V E | 23/12/17

Today's post is a little late. Well very late in fact. I have been super busy with work this week and am willing to admit that this was a crazy time to start this project. That said, I made a commitment to myself and wanted to share something today.

This year has been a lot of fun, and also a lot of hard work. One of the biggest things I have gained from this year is a whole heap of new amazing frienships and I wanted to express just how important all of the friendships in my life are to me and just how much they help me through.

As I grow older, I realise just how difficult it is to keep friendships going. Between real life and organising myself - making time to catch up with people can be difficult. I am so lucky to have such an amazing group of University friends who, by and large, still live around the corner. I am scared about what will happen when that changes.

This said, I have also got a beautiful heap of friends outside of this circle. I am so lucky to still spend time with people I knocked around with when we were sixteen, and I love nothing more than catching up with those people and watching as they grow into real life adults. 

This year I was also lucky enough to see my oldest friend in the world get engaged and have a beautiful baby girl. I am so proud of her - from when we were five until now, she has always been an inspiration to me. I have re-connected with people from the past who I didn't even realise I was missing until they came back into my life. I have met new friends and thrown myself into new friendships. And I have allowed myself to have the closest of girl gangs that I am endlessly grateful for.

Friendship is so important. We must burn down the belief that intimacy must be reserved for romantic relationships. Be more loving and embrace vulnerability. I am forever working on the idea of opening up to people and am even getting better at telling people how I am feeling.

Tell people you care about them. Hold their hands. Tell people you are proud of them. Listen to them when they want to talk and be there for the people you love unconditionally. 

❤️

No comments