N U M B E R - 1


N U M B E R - 1  |  19/12/17

Hello! I cannot explain how odd it feels to be updating this little space after so long. Things fell off with this blog a while back, and it feels nice to be getting back into creating a design and tapping words out onto a page once more.

I have been inspired by lots of people on my social media at the moment who are creating beautiful little reflection projects and posts. A space where it is okay to share thoughts, things you are proud of, what is happening in your life. I have been inspired to find a voice in this space again.

Thinking about doing this via social media, I felt a little stunted. The lack of space and freedom to share different things on a platform like instagram prevented me from feeling like I could truly express myself. While the sheer volume of people I know and/or professional links around a lot of my social media means I am often fairly careful about what I post and where.

So this is number one. A fresh post on a new space. I'm not sure how long it will last - but here's hoping.

Since graduating in July, I have spent less time writing and more time stuck in my own mind. Writing has always been my safe space, and while my journalism is taking a different turn and I find myself more confused by the day about 'what I want to do with my life,' I do know that I want to create things.

Sometimes creating things looks like me throwing words and scribbles onto a page in my diary, and sometimes it looks like writing a thoughtful text to a friend. Although, a large amount of the time, at the moment, it looks like thinking about it and then losing my motivation.

Here I will try and write something every day until the new year.

Let's go.

No comments